Friday, October 19, 2012

Sharp Stylings #54: Paul Weller

We can learn so much from yesterday’s fashion icons.  And living in a post-Mad Men world means we can even enjoy aspects of current male fashions! Every Friday, I’d like to start your weekend off right with a little style inspiration from either then or now. Hopefully, my fellow Mod enthusiasts will find the whole or some detail of the whole to appreciate and maybe even adopt.

I'm skipping out on Casual Fridays today in honor of Paul Weller's show tonight. Besides, if you wanna find a casual photo of Paul Weller, just do a quick Google search and I'm sure there'll be casual shots galore!

Instead, let's get back to what I dig appreciating most: sharp suitin' style! Now, even though he likes spending most days in casual wear, when Paul Weller does actually suit up, he brings it! For instance, take this oldie-but-goodie here of Paul Weller back in 1995:

If any of you out there in Internetland have a copy of this magazine handy, pull it out and take in all the great color going on in this outfit. Looks to me like he's wearing the same shirt/tie combo from the 'Changing Man' video. Nice, coloful splashes from that tie contrast well with the deep blue of the shirt. But then, combine that with what looks like a Prince of Wales check double-breasted jacket and you got a winning combo there! (My copy of this mag is in storage so I can't confirm the POW pattern.)

But seriously, a great lesson on how to play with color and patterns.

Paul Weller... when's he's on, he's ON.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent read on a great performer.

    Just thought I'd throw this out there, but would anyone be interested in a fantastic, Paul Weller designed Ben Sherman shirt? I've got two. Tried on once to see if it fit. Brand new-like condition. Probably going to post it on ebay soon. If interested, please contact me through my email:robertwarsaw@gmail.com

    Cheers,
    Robert

    ReplyDelete