Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sharp Stylings #53: Batik Suit Jacket (Tiki Oasis 2012)

We can learn so much from yesterday’s fashion icons.  And living in a post-Mad Men world means we can even enjoy aspects of current male fashions! Every Friday, I’d like to start your weekend off right with a little style inspiration from either then or now. Hopefully, my fellow Mod enthusiasts will find the whole or some detail of the whole to appreciate and maybe even adopt.

A quick one today, folks, as I'm packin' up for Tiki Oasis 12 happening this weekend in San Diego, CA.

Gonna be straight with you, I'm NOT a tiki guy. I'm pretty ignorant of that whole scene, but I do like the tiki-esque art (Shag, Derek Yaniger, etc.), the drinks, and some of the wood-carved pieces. I'm mainly heading down to have a good time with friends, listen to some good music, and dig on something new to me.

So, in honor of the event, dig on this nice batik suit jacket in the image below:

Image from the Film Noir Buff forums.
Pretty appropriate for a weekend of tiki, I think! I'll be packing up my green batik jacket for the trip, but that's probably about as festive as I'll get.

Maybe I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment