Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mod Gone Wrong: Mod Mouse Pad

Hey, look everyone... it's a Mod mousepad set.
Found on the Retro To Go blog.
Alright, let's get the obvious out of the way. Yes, yes... army parka, target/roundel, cliche, mod gone wrong, reinforcing tired Mod stereotypes... yadda yadda, blah blah blah. You already know where I stand on this.

But let's stand back for a bit and ignore the cliches. From a Mod my perspective, this falls into the realm of things that bore the heck out of me. But from a design perspective... this is actually pretty cool! Whoever came up with this created the complete Mod 'uniform' look, just by turning a computer mouse into a target badge! It's goofy, but it's also a pretty neat idea.

Unfortunately, this set is sold out. Too bad... could have been the perfect tool for all the Internet Mods out there!

1 comment:

  1. This is definately one of the more clever cliche Mod stereotype items out there I've seen to buy. The rest of the stuff I see on Retro to Go and various other sites make me wanna roll the eyes and wonder, "what mods are buying this crap!"

    ReplyDelete