Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mod Gone Wrong: '1960s Mod' Costume

[Mod Male is on vacation at this time so won't be able to respond to any comments.] 

Well, Mod Subculture, you know you've hit the big time when you've got a Halloween costume based on you. Looks like you're not 'underground' any more, old friend.

Hey, just in case some of you want a parka but don't want to hunt one down at a surplus shop, just go here!
According to the description of this outfit, it would be "perfect for any 60's Mod"... because, I guess, you'd want to go to a Halloween/'fancy dress' party as yourself? The designer of this costume spared no expense in its authenicity, thus creating an "effective Sizties" costume which includes a "Parker Coat."

My favorite bit about this whole thing is the target on the back, because it just can't be 'mod' without the target. And just in case people at the party can't quite figure out what you're supposed to be, the costume comes complete with two patches declaring "Mods" and "Mods RULE." Now let's be honest here, how many of you guys reading this actually have those exact patches on your parkas right now? Looks like your costume search is over!

I do wish I had seen this several years back, though. It would have saved me a lot of time and effort when I decided to go as a teenage me!

This outfit worked for Halloween and would probably work for plenty of scooter rallies too!
Although I do hate dressing up, I do love October and Halloween, so expect more Halloween Mod Gone Wrongs in the coming weeks!

PARKER POWER!!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I think a few (FEW!) buttons on a suit can look cool on a teenager. It has a sort-of 'I'm rebelling against my own outfit' appeal.

    ReplyDelete